The Design*Sponge Scholarship
The Design*Sponge Scholarship is intended to assist art and design students in the pursuit of their creative endeavors through financial support. Three financial awards will be given in amounts of at least $2,000, $1,000 and $500. Funds will be raised through a charity-shop, donations and sponsorship support. The goal of the scholarship is to raise upwards of $5,000 to support art and design students working in the United States. If funds exceed the goal amount the money will be distributed accordingly between the three winners. The scholarship will begin accepting applications on January 1, 2007 until March 15, 2007. Applicants will be narrowed into a small group of ten finalists who will be interviewed via podcast and/or video and narrowed to a final three via voting on Design*Sponge during the month of April. The final winners will be announced and rewarded on May 1, 2007.
REQUIREMENTS TO ENTER:
- All applicants must be currently enrolled in an art or design program at an accredited art school or college within the United States. Proof of enrollment is required by the deadline, March 15, 2007.
- All applicants must have completed and sent in the required questions and essay by the deadline, March 15, 2007.
- All applicants must attach a description of their work along with digital photos and/or a link to an online portfolio with their application
REQUIREMENTS FOR FINALISTS
- Finalists will be ask to submit a letter of recommendation from a professor at their school
- Finalists must agree to be available for and complete an interview for the D*S website
Support the Scholarship
- If you would like to donate to the Design*Sponge scholarship fund you can do so by clicking here to donate through a secure PayPal source. We greatly appreciate any donations and thank you for supporting the next generation of up and coming artists and designers.